Dika's Inspiration + [fashion]

competing in a competitive competition
  • I entered my first fashion competition a few days ago, The experience was interesting...from preparing for it, designing the garment was probably the easiest part of the whole process and as well asbuying the fabric!I started designing my oufit a month in advance, Which is the best way that I can work, Becausea personmight want to change a few things ontheir garment oreven change the whole thing (nota wise choice).after organizingand placingthe whole garment together...the hard partwas starting SEWING eeeek, it getsvery frustratingespecially when you loose your focus anddon't sew straight or you sew the wrong area. The garmentgotattackedme a few times...not sure how that happenedbutit did...Unpicking isextremelyirritating andyou have to havepatiences to doso!Thetechnic withattachingparts of the garmenttogether has to be exact and measured correctly,which is understandable...a lopsidedgarment is not avery well done one or insome fashion designers cases it's purposely done!!!When thejudging day came, everyonewas stressed out, sewing upthe finishing touches, preparing the models and all that effort will bedisplayedinfront ofthe judges...GULP! Everyone looks at everyones designs criticizing andadmiring!there are a few mean people indesign but if you are confident andstay trueto yourself...youwill besafe!/>Hmmm...I didnt make it throught to the second round but I'm proud of my design eventhough there were a few mistakes, it's a learning curve which I'm happy/inspired tocorrect next time!!!

VIA «competing in a competitive competition | Barbie's Inspirations»