Dika's Inspiration + [quilt festival]

Blogger's Quilt Festival Time!
Pattern inspiration

Hooray for Blogger's Quilt Festival! I just love cruising through all the beautiful quilts and finding some blogs I've never visited before. The last festival was my first entry, and I chose my beloved Flea Market Fancy quilt. This time around, I have a lot more quilts to choose from, so it was a harder decision. But in the end, the quilt that gets the most use wins - my Little Folks HST quilt.

Pattern inspiration

I love this quilt so much for many reasons, the biggest one being the amount of tedious effort that was put into it. It literally had me tearing my hair out at a few different points during the process! But in the end, soooo worth it.

If you've worked with this voile before, you know how wonderfully soft it is. The softness and light-weight makes it a bit slippery, so piecing the half square triangles was less the easy! It's quite imperfect and tons of the points don't exactly match, but I learned a lot of valuable lessons in the making of this quilt, and for me it sort of adds to the charm.

Pattern inspiration

I backed this quilt with voile as well, which made it super tough to baste. I could just NOT get it without a pucker when I took it to the machine. So, in the end, I hand quilted all whopping 90x90 inches of it. And I'm not sorry I did. The hand quilting helped to retain the soft, airy feel of the quilt.

Pattern inspiration

And this is where you can find this quilt on most days of the week....

Pattern inspiration

being loved and used just the way a quilt is meant to be.

Make sure you hop on over to Amy's page all week long and check out all the other lovelies!

Pattern inspiration

Welcome to all of you who have never visited before! I hope to see you again soon!