Dika's Inspiration + [inspiration]

In the works
Pattern inspiration

I'm finally in the homestretch of finishing the Wonky Yellow Brick Road (in pug) quilt for my bestie. I am so glad that I know how much she is going to appreciate this one because the piecing became a bit tedious toward the end and was quite an effort to find the motivation to finish,  but in the end I'm really happy with how it came out. But a deadline is always helpful and since this needs to be a house-warming gift this weekend, it will be all quilted tonight and bound tomorrow. I hope to show it to you soon before it goes to it's new home!

I've also been slicing into this luscious stack of Momo's new It's a Hoot for a secret project, so this is all I can show you for now! But let me just tell you, this may well be my favorite new line. I wasn't all that jazzed about it until I saw it in person and now I just want yards and yards of it! The tree branch and egg dot prints are fabulous and come in such yummy colors. Dare I say I love it even more than Wonderland?

Pattern inspiration

On my design wall are all the blocks I've received so far from the Bee-autiful Bee. Aren't they gorgeous? August was my month and I sent out packages of the spectacular Lush and Uptown lines from Erin Michael, asking my bee-ers to just make an "improv" style block featuring a paint-by-number deer or bird.  These ladies came up with some stunning blocks! I'll be making a few myself to add to them before turning them into what will certainly be my new favorite quilt (but aren't they all?)

Pattern inspiration

If these photos are looking a bit sterile to you, it's because they are. I love my new sewing room to pieces, but I put in some super high wattage overhead lightbulbs (which are supposed to simulate real day light!) and now I can see my work as I'm sewing but it is making for some dreadful studio shots. Oh someday I'll take a photography class and learn more about how some of you come up with your gorgeous shots!

I hope you're all having a relaxing Tuesday evening - Mark is in NYC for a trade show (you better believe I sent him with a little wish list to Purl Soho!) so I'm enjoying a little house chardonnay and finishing that quilting. Then back to knitting my Kererra and watching the premiere of Imperial Boardwalk.
Make sure you don't go anywhere because I have another super awesome giveaway in my next post!