Dika's Inspiration + [inspiration]

a new quilt for a big-girl bed
Pattern inspiration

First of all, I just wanted to thank you all for the kind comments on my Scrap Hoover quilt. It is getting tons of love at our house.

My newest finish (I finished it weeks ago, alas the lazy-blogger syndrome is still in effect) is the first quilt I've ever made that will go on an actual bed. Lucy has been in her own big-girl bed for a few months now and loving it.  Of course I had to mark the occasion with a special quilt just for her. When I saw Amber's Crazy Nine Patch, I fell in love and knew it would be the perfect pattern.

Pattern inspiration

This was such a fun and satisfying top to piece. The tutorial can be found on Elizabeth's blog - easy breezy. I just chose lots of prints from my stash in bright, sunny colors that coordinated with the sheet set I bought for the bed and matched my girl's spunky personality.  For the quilting I used a flower design from Angela Walter's awesome book. 

Pattern inspiration

The backing is a plaid from the DS Quilts collection, and the binding is a sweet Aunt Grace lavender dot.

Pattern inspiration

Lucy and all of her friends love the quilt.

Pattern inspiration

I'm posting and running today! Gotta get on that travel-handmade Sewing Summit fun - only a few weeks away!